10-04-2012 06:46 PM
I have just got a question about using Power Wizard 2.0. Our CAT genset is set to be automatically started by the ATS which senses the utility loss. There is a load bank connected to the genset for load testing. This load bank has an enable/disable dry contact input.
The technical manual says that the digital selector #1 (relay output No.3) can be programmed to be an event output which can be used to trigger a relay output on a specific event, and within the given list of the SPNs there is one called “Loss of Utility”. My questions are:
- How does the control panel sense the “Loss of Utility” event? Is it triggered by the start signal from the ATS?
- If it is from the ATS start signal, can I use this relay output to disable my load bank.
- Can this relay output be programmed to NC?
10-21-2012 09:47 PM
1.Pw2.0 do not features "Mains check" function. You must have a module to check Mains Failture.
2.PW2.0 could accept Remote signal(dry contact:open-stop;close-start; continuous type signal).
3.PW2.0 features 8-programalbe Relayout, 6-type A(NO),2-type C(NC nad NO);1-programmable Digital output.
The relayout 1 and 2 are used by CAT, so there is 6 relayout for use(4 NO and 2 NC&NO)
4. You could use relay 7 and 8 for NC.5
5. Each Relayout has different DIGITAL SLECTOR option for definate the active condition.
For example: Engine Started, V&Hz within limits.
I suggest you use Start signal-from ATS to control Load Bank, not form PW2.0. It is easy and clear.